The Adventures of the Tader Tot's

Monday, April 09, 2007

Time is definitely not on our side:

Since we are able to leave the house with the boys for some short trips, we have found our newest trouble is the amount of time it takes to get things done. We have taken the boys out in a public place twice. Once, we stopped for lunch after the doctor appointment and again on Saturday for dinner.

I think we sat for about 15 minutes answering questions before we even got to look at the menu. I told M that we were going to have to shorten our versions of everything or we will never get to go anywhere. We are able to keep them in their car seats and put them on the inside of the booth and that helps to keep people from touching them. We found that the old people really want to touch the babies. In fact, everyone wants to touch the babies. So we decided if we want to go grocery shopping, we will have to do it after 10:30 PM, to eliminate the number of people that want stop you.

I have found myself really noticing people in public and how dirty they are. Now I am sure if someone watched me I am guilty of doing something wrong as well. But if you sneeze, cough, wipe your nose, eyes, scratch rear end, stick your finger in any orifice, handle something dirty, or you’re with anyone does any of these things, you are not touching my kids. I know we will loosen up a bit, but for now they are still little and susceptible to illness. So if they are going out in public, it’s going to be a short period of time and no one is touching them. Family at Easter thought I was crazy when I kept asking everyone if the washed their hands. Oh well, soon they will be playing in dirt and daring each other to eat mud pies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home