The Adventures of the Tader Tot's

Saturday, September 29, 2007

Apple Picking...Grrrrrr

Today we went apple picking with Erin and Josh. We hadn’t hung out with them in a really long time so I was hoping it would be fun. Well I was wrong. I had told Meghan that we should invite her sister and Mom to come along. I wanted to give them a chance to be part of the boy’s first apple picking experience at Lynds since it was big thing in their family. Her sister was not able to go for a reason I can’t recall and her Mom said sure.

At the very last minute she called to say she was not going because she has stuff to do. I was really annoyed and angrier more than anything. I feel like when the boys are young and doing things for the first time everyone should want to be a part of that. Maybe I am just being a selfish parent who thinks everyone should care about their kids all the time, but I think this was something important and shouldn’t be missed. Maybe I’m wrong. I guess what really frustrates me the most is that my parents live out of state and don’t get to experience little things like this with the boys. I know if they had the chance they would jump at the opportunity to go.

So then I was mad and worked up. Josh and Erin showed up and they kind of, ok, they took the full brunt of me being mad. I had everything packed ready to go, room for the mom in law and 2 cameras the video cameras. Now she’s not going and we end up leaving late and if you know me I grew up being forced to be on time and it really messes me up when we get of track. We get there and it’s hotter than I expected. The sun is bright, the apples are little, can’t takes pictures of the boys and M, and video all at the same time so I was just staying mad and not really enjoying the whole thing. Did I mention I hadn’t eaten lunch either!

Sop we picked some apples, got some cider and I managed to have a good time minus the fact I didn’t get to get all the video and pictures I wanted. I felt bad because the pictures of M did not turn out. Summy sat in a tree. Jack picked a little apple for himself and all was well for the boys. Now we have to use them up before the rot….like every other year. We did buy less to make sure that didn’t happen, but we are a little busier than we have been in years past.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home