The Adventures of the Tader Tot's

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Growing up for the boys...learning for Dad

Two Day update...15th and 16th.

The boys turned 21 months today. It is so shocking to see where we started and where we are now. Reflecting back I can see spots where I need to let go a little and spots where I need to be more involved. I know it seems silly but I keep wondering if it ever gets easier. Will it get easier for M and I to agree on what is right or wrong? Will the boys be easier to entertain? Can I find a balance?

So for now my focus is on the boys and M. I kind of checked out for awhile and I haven’t been very helpful. It’s easy for me to get into a rut where I do the same thing everyday. Unfortunately, M has been left picking up my slack and I have been less than thankful to her and for all her hard work and time. Hopefully now I can take some of the workload off of her. We will still share the daily chores of getting the boys ready, fed, cleaned up and taken care. I am going to start helping with all the extras…basically phone calls. If you know me, then you know that I am on the phone for my job a lot. So when I get home I don’t want to be anywhere near a phone. In fact if I win the lottery, I plan on hiring someone to answer my phone so I never have too again. Either way, I have used this as an excuse for too long and it has to stop. It’s not like M comes home and says I don’t want to teach the boys because I taught all day at work today.

On a more positive note, we are looking at moving into a new and bigger house. A lot of things have to come together but it is good to know that if everything aligns then we can move into a house with almost double the space. If things work out right I may have a home office to work from which will allow me too work from home more. That will make me more relaxed….

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home