The Adventures of the Tader Tot's

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

The Name Game and M's Bday

"And I won't tell no one your name
And I won't tell em your name"

-Goo Goo Dolls




Work has been really busy for the last week or so. We are trying to get everything set up before anything happens on 01/01/07 and it keeps us busy. It almost seems like there is no end in sight when you are still learning all the ins and outs of the job.

So this past Saturday was M’s birthday. She had fun at the Japanese Steakhouse but felt the evening ended a little too early. She was really happy when the Japanese Papaw recognized her. She has only been celebrating her birthday there for at least the last 15 years. Once again for the 6th straight year I was called monkey boy. Not sure why but the man calls me monkey boy and gives me the cymbals to play during the song. Everyone has a good laugh and we take the picture.

We headed out to Gallery hop and it was ok. It was too quick. I felt bad because I could tell M wanted to stay out later because she had some energy, but with the tots she runs out of gas quickly. One moment she’ll be doing great and then she crashes. It’s really weird and I will never understand it because I don’t have two kids growing in my belly. Either way I tried to make it up to her by making her breakfast on Sunday morning.

After that we did some yard work and headed to her Mom’s for dinner. Dinner was great and her mom made the funniest joke I think I have ever heard her make. Maybe it was my type of humor but we were talking about the developments of the tots and they are developing finger prints. She says that thanks to me they are developing fingers prints and a criminal record. Still makes me chuckle. We were able to get the extra couch out of the house so we have some space to work on the nursery.

Every time we go over there, everyone wants to suggest names for the tots. My personal feeling is I want the names to be kept a secret until they are born. I just feel like there are one or two things through this whole journey I would like to keep for ourselves. The “names” happen to be my biggest thing. Everyone knew when we were going to take our first test and there was list of people we had to call. I just felt like it wasn’t as special that everyone knew. I want to keep some things personal and I fear that if we tell people the names early, then they will tell us they don’t like the name or they wanted us to name them something else. On the other hand, you introduce the little ones and their names, no one in their right mind will say they babies are beautiful but I don’t like the names.

Just my thought and how I feel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home