The Adventures of the Tader Tot's

Thursday, September 14, 2006

It Cost How Much?

" ’cause I don’t care too much for money
For money can’t buy me love"
Beatles


So with everyone having an opinion how much it’s going to cost to raise children (and everything else regaridng babies), I went looking for myself. I found this nice little tid bit of information.

“For 2004, the newest data available, the U.S. Department of Agriculture estimates that families making $70,200 a year or more will spend a whopping $269,520 to raise a child from birth through age 17. That breaks down to nearly $15,000 a year from birth to age 2 for families in the $65,800 -plus income bracket. As your child ages, he or she gets even more expensive, topping out at $15,810 from ages 15 to 17.” And “Food
Cost through age 17: $26,490 to $39,470.”

This can’t be right, can it? How in the world can anyone have more than one kid? Can two kids eat $80,000 in food before they get to college? I know two tader tots that will be getting themselves a part time job…at age 3. I think it’s time to start looking into how the Olsen twins did it.

Enough of that, M’s got the first real appointment with the OB tomorrow and I am going. Not because I am forced to and have to, but because I want to. It should be fun, and hopefully the doctor can provide us with some good resources for twins. I know M’s gets lots of stuff to read because she’s the women. I got the Expectant Father book that everyone references but I don’t think it’s really going to prepare me for twins.

I still have moments where I am just sitting on the couch, spaced out while watching TV and it hits me that we are having twins. I feel like we have so much to do and the time is going to here before we realize.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home